Protecting your home and it’s contents should be a priority for any home owner or tenant. FD Protect work with leading UK Home Insurance providers to bring our clients a comprehensive Buildings and Contents offering. The home insurance policies we recommend are underwritten by leading insurers such as RSA, Aviva, Ageas and L&G.
Using an insurance broker we
Buildings Cover – Typical terms:
- Automatic £400,000 buildings cover as standard, can be increased if required.
- Annual or monthly premiums
- Up to £5,000 cover for tracing and accessing water or oil leaks from pipes, tanks and fixed heating systems
- 12 month guarantee on all repairs carried out by approved tradesman
- 24 Hour Helpline for emergency assistance
- Subsidence cover
- Alternative accommodation cover
Contents Cover – Typical Terms:
- Automatic £50,000 contents cover as standard, cam be increased if required
- Annual or monthly premiums
- Student Belongings up to £5,000
- Up to £15,000 to cover valuables such as jewellery, computer equipment and money
- Pedal Cycles up to £500
- freezer cover for all food in the freezer
- Visitor effects – Having some one round to visit? – Their possessions are covered too! Up to £1,000.
The above terms are for a standard policy through one of our insurers, Paymentshield. Where the standard policy does not fit a clients needs we can offer bespoke terms.
Personal Possessions Cover – This covers clothing, baggage and personal items carried around by a client. The items are covered against loss or accidental damage inside or outside of your home. If you had your camera stolen whilst in Barcelona then you could claim on the home insurance policy under personal possessions, there would be a standard excess of £100. Another example might be if you accidentally dropped your iphone off of the Eiffel tower then the policy would cover a replacement (old for new) under the personal possessions property insurance.
Legal expenses Cover – To pursue or defend your rights including employment disputes, injury claims to your person or contract disputes with the sale and purchase of a service or product.
Speak to one of our Home Insurance advisors about more of the things you can protect with our comprehensive Property Insurance.
We understand landlords needs and therefore recommend a policy that is reliable and in the event of a claim you can expect 24/7 support. Each policy can be tailored to suit your changing needs.
Landlord Buy to Let Insurance – A typical policy:
- £400,000 buildings insurance cover as standard & £10,000 contents for unfurnished property or £40,000 if furnished
- 15% of building sum insured to cover loss of rent or alternative accommodation for your tenants
- Cover for up to 90 days between tenancies – Great if you are refurbishing a property
- Cover for all types of tenants – Students, HMO’s and DSS
- £2,500 for tracing and accessing water or oil leaks from pipes, radiators and tanks
- Up to 10 properties on our standard policy
- 24 Hour helpline
- £1,000 locks replacement
Contact FD Protect so that we can provide you with a comprehensive quote for your buildings and contents insurance. We will provide advice and answer any questions you have and will email you a quote, usually within 24 hours.
If you decide to proceed your adviser will run through a very short fact find on the phone and can implement the cover to start from your desired date. Remember that for all residential and buy to let purchases you become liable for the property from exchange of contracts.
Your FD Protect home insurance adviser will always be available to answer any questions you have from application through to claim.
For Buildings & Contents Insurance call us on 01179 897 951 or email [email protected]